We envision a world in which science, technology, mathematics, and engineering are common words utilized in homes and communities of minorities. All black students can envision themselves as scientist, technologies, mathematicians, or engineers.
The mission of the National Society of Black Engineers is: “to increase the number of culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community.”
The NSBE Logo, shown above, consists of The Torch and official name of the Society. Meaning: The NSBE Torch symbolizes our everlasting burning desire to achieve success in this competitive society and to affect a positive change on the quality of life for all people.
The National Society of Black Engineers strives to accomplish the following objectives for our organization:
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines
- Strive to increase the number of minority students studying engineering at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees in engineering or related fields and to obtain professional engineering certifications and license.
- Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for Blacks and other minorities in STEM
- Function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of black scientist, technologies, mathematicians, or engineers