NSBE Pre-College Initiative (PCI) members are offered many opportunities to stimulate interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. The goal is to encourage students in grades 6–12 to attend college and pursue technical degrees. Our PCI program provides activities to help students discover firsthand how engineering and technology relate to the world around them and discover the excitement of academic excellence, leadership, technical development and teamwork. The Parent Corner is here to keep you inform of upcoming activities and opportunities. If you have any questions contact Ron Moore (314-229-3713) or Deborah Dilworth (314-922-2366) or at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Objectives of the PCI Program:
- To help students have a positive attitude toward academic excellence.
• To stimulate enthusiasm about science, technology, engineering and mathematics
• To encourage 6–12th graders to pursue degrees in engineering and other technical fields
• To increase the number of African Americans, attending and graduating from college
• To encourage and support parental commitment to children’s education
• To raise cultural awareness among students
- Currently our registration is closed for the 2017-2018 year. Our registration for the August 2018-June 2018 will be available mid-July. Please sign up on the interest form to be added to the email list.
- Parents are required to volunteer to work a meeting. Once your volunteer responsibility and time has been confirmed you will receive an email confirming your commitment.
- Louis Metro Gateway NSBE PCI Guidelines – Outlines membership expectations to ensure a successful experience in the program. The form needs to reviewed and signed by both PCI members and parents.
- NSBE PCI members meet every 3rd Saturday of each month from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm at St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley in the Emerson Center for Engineering and Manufacturing: