We are excited to embarking on a new year fill will many opportunities for our future Scientists, Technologists, Mathematicians and Engineers. NSBE PCI members are offered many opportunities to stimulate interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. The goal is to encourage students in grades 6–12 to attend college and pursue technical degrees. Our PCI program provides activities to help students discover firsthand how engineering and technology relate to the world around them and discover the excitement of academic excellence, leadership, technical development and teamwork.
Objectives of the PCI Program:
- To help students have a positive attitude toward academic excellence.
- To stimulate enthusiasm about science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- To encourage 6–12th graders to pursue degrees in engineering and other technical fields
- To increase the number of African Americans, attending and graduating from college
- To encourage and support parental commitment to children’s education
- To raise cultural awareness among students
- Please fill out this information online as we strive to find ways to continue to improve our registration process. Thank you for helping us build our database. Your responses to this survey will be viewed only by the program coordinators.You can register for the program by following this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/nsbejrstl17 *Note that incomplete registrations may however be rejected and using Google Chrome will allow for a quicker process. If you are registering multiple students, you must fill out a separate survey for each student.
- Parents are required to volunteer to work a meeting. Indicate your contact information, the activity, and the month you are available to help on the survey. Once your volunteer responsibility and time has been confirmed you will receive an email confirming your commitment.
- St. Louis Metro Gateway NSBE PCI Guidelines – Outlines membership expectations to ensure a successful experience in the program. The form needs to reviewed and signed by both PCI members and parents.
- PCI Emergency and Consent Form- Addresses what to do in the evident of a medical emergency and privacy. The form needs to be completed and signed by a legal guardian.
- Bring the forms to register for the year. Download here: http://nsbe-stl.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2017-2018-pci-enrollment-form.pdf
- Pay the 2017-2018 annual $105 membership fees, of which $5 is for national dues and $100 for the St. Louis Metro Gateway Chapter dues. Payment will need to be in the form of cash or checks (payable to NSBE St. Louis Metro Gateway Chapter).Please note that your student(s) registration is NOT complete until all program fees have been paid including any outstanding balances. Payment will be accepted on meeting dates in the form of cash, check or money order only.
- All students must have their NSBE notebook for each meeting. He/She should have a USB flash drive-8 GB or larger, Red Binder for 6th-8th, Blue Binder for 9th-10th, and a White Binder for 11th-12th grades. It’s very important that students bring these notebooks to each session as this is the mechanism for keeping up with assignments, notes, etc. We will take ID photos – no exceptions! If finances are a problem, see one of the advisors!
- All high school students should purchase the book – Physics I Workbook For Dummies (For Dummies (Math & Science)). It can be the Kindle version or paper back. Please purchase as soon as possible. Cost $12.00 Kindle or $11.00 (used) paper.
- NSBE PCI members meet every 3rd Saturday of each month from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm at St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley in the Emerson Center for Engineering and Manufacturing: https://www.stlcc.edu/Maps/PDF_Maps/Campus_Map_FV.pdf
- Ron Moore (314-229-3713) or Deborah Dilworth (314-922-2366) or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Go to nsbe.org, click here to for instruction on how to register on the national site: http://nsbe-stl.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/How-to-register-on-nsbe.org_.pdf
Please note that registration closes and final payments are due no later than the October 21, 2017 meeting. You have not completed registration until you have paid your local & nationals’ dues, have a membership id number from the national website and made your final payments. Space is limited.